[Wikipedia-l] Project Sourceberg

Angela sloog77 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 19:23:43 UTC 2003

Brion wrote
original-sources.

Thank you Brion.

Ec wrote
>>It didn't take long for people to start screwing it
up though.

No-one's screwing anything up. I probably should have
clarified this yesterday, but all that happened last
night is that *all* the articles from ps.wikipedia
were moved to sources.wikipedia. This was done to
clean up what ought to be Pashto Wikipedia. The
movement of them to sources did not involve any
editorial decisions and it does not reflect a view
that those articles should stay here. It was just
easier to get them moved in one go. Later, when we
have some policies there, we can decide what needs to
be done with them. Most of them have not been edited
since their move here, so they all need work, if not
deletion.

Ec wrote
>>Already somebody has moved in a number of lists that
properly belong
on Wikipedia

It was decided at Wikipedia that raw data such as
lists of postcodes were not encyclopedic, which is why
they moved from Wikipedia to ps.wikipedia in the first
place.

There are a number of things which need to be decided
- [[Project Sourceberg:What Wikisource is not]] is
probably a good place to start. We also need to decide
whether to stick with the name Project Sourceberg, or
to go with Wikisource (or WikiSource) or something
else entirely. Also, Walter has asked at Wikisource
whether the intention is for the site to be
international. I was assuming it was and we already
have articles in Latin, Polish, French and German, but
that decision is another one which will need to be
made.

Angela