[Wikipedia-l] Re: Disambiguation detector

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 20:26:04 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 05:00 am, wikipedia-l-request at wikipedia.org wrote:
> I hacked a small function that automatically shows what might be
> disambiguation pages below the page subtitle. This works for all pages with
> a " (" in the title.
>
> This function was requested (on the German mailing list, IIRC). It is
> running on the test wiki. Try
> http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(gardening)
> for an example (currently standard skin only!).
>
> The feature has to be enabled for each language, so the Chinese won't
> suffer from bogus links :-)
>
> I won't commit that to the CVS until Lee says the feature freeze is over...
>
> Magnus

Change "see also" to "Alternate meanings:" and place it directly below "Other
languages:" and I would be very happy.

IMO the current implementation looks a bit ugly and hackish (just like our
current way of replacing the "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia." with
the redirect notice).

Also, would this be a default setting?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)