[Wikipedia-l] Disambiguation detector

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed May 28 13:23:00 UTC 2003

> I hacked a small function that automatically shows what might be
> disambiguation pages below the page subtitle. This works for all pages with
> a " (" in the title.

> This function was requested (on the German mailing list, IIRC). It is
> running on the test wiki. Try    http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotment_(g
> ardening) for an example (currently standard skin only!).

> The feature has to be enabled for each language, so the Chinese won't suffer
> from bogus links :-)

Very cool feature, Magnus! This will save us a lot of manual "Alternate
meaning" links. Now all we need is some kind of template/transclusion
system so the disambiguation text does not need to be edited on 20342
pages if it changes ..

BTW, we can probably all just speak German if the current trend continues
:-)

Regards,

Erik