[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] "watch new and modified articles"->"watch new articles"

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun May 25 20:31:50 UTC 2003

At 02:56 AM 5/25/2003 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:
>The idea that pages should "expire" from my watchlist strikes me as,
>well, not at all desirable. My browser already shows me links to pages
>I've visited in the past few days,

Does your browser also keep track of whether those pages have been modified
since you last visited them? I for one would _love_ to be able to put
things on my watchlist in such a way that they automatically get removed
after a while; there are many times when I will make an edit to an article
and then someone will fix some goof I made a day or two later, and while
I'm not really interested enough in the topic to watch it forever I _am_
interested in seeing changes that are a direct result of my own messups.

I've edited thousands and thousands of articles, most of which were of only
_passing_ interest to me. I wouldn't want to have to manually clean them
out of my watchlist all the time, but it would be nice to have them in
there for a few days while the interest is still fresh. If someone puts
this functionality in, I will use it with gusto.