[Wikipedia-l] IP stuff

Guillaume Blanchard gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp
Fri May 23 02:20:20 UTC 2003

> The Cunctator, Lee Daniel Crocker,
>
>  Wrong question, wrong place to ask. :-(
>  I apologize to you.
>
>  Goodbye
>
> Alvaro

Hi all,
I don't think is the wrong place to ask.
I also think that hide IP to logged user led us to many problems we didn't
encounter before the Phase III.
Here is the problems I see :
- Same user who use multiple identity to justify a pov opinion
- Same user who use multiple identity to make multi votes
- Vandale who use user account to hide its ip
As sysop I have no idea to how block a logged user even if he do massive
vandalism (except send a message to this list and pray for one of the gods
can stop him).
I don't see any good reason to hide logged user IP.
It worked fine on Phase I & II, no ?
Regards,

Aoineko