[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] How to get the IP of a logged user ?

julien tayon julien at tayon.net
Thu May 22 22:03:02 UTC 2003

[...]
> I'm definitely with Cunc here on both counts. I don't have a
> problem with anyone being both a contributer and a subject--we've
> already had that case before, and it's no problem as long as the
> subject understands that the article about him in the main wikipedia
> space is not his personal page, and may be edited by others in ways
> he doesn't like.
>
> And yes, this is clearly not a "tech" issue, so I've moved it to
> the main list.

I see a point, what we try to improve is not space or memory usage. The
point is to promote NPOV. Don't you think that the opposite of
objectivity is subjectivity, so to say being both the topic and the
writer, or the judge and the trialed.
I don't it is possible for anyone to write about himself
«objectively» therefore the behaviour in itself is flawed. Having NPOV
articles also means promoting NPOV behaviour.

It is my opinion and I agree with it. ;)

Jul
"The poetry of heroism appeals irresitably to those who don't go to a
war, and even more so to those whom the war is making enormously
wealthy."
		-- Celine