[Wikipedia-l] Mailing list archives moved to mail.wikipedia.org

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon May 19 01:51:12 UTC 2003

The archive and sign-up pages for the Wikipedia mailing lists are now at
mail.wikipedia.org, so if someday we move the mailing lists to yet another
server we should never have to change the links again. :)

Any old links via www.wikipedia or pliny.wikipedia should forward there
automatically.

[ Aside to Jason: I still turn up links to wikipedia-l message archives on
www.nupedia.com via google searches sometimes, but these give 404 errors. Any
chance we could get /pipermail/(wikipedia|wikitech|intlwiki)-l/(.*) to
redirect to mail.wikipedia.org? "In theory" a 301 response will also tell
search engines to change their listings to the new location if they ever
re-index the page. ]

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)