[Wikipedia-l] I like BBS:es

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 12:20:13 UTC 2003

--- Thomas Corell <T.Corell at t-online.de> wrote:
> Björn Lindqvist wrote:
> > Why I prefer BBS:es:
> >
> > 1. Discussion is closer to content because both
> are webbased.
>
> Oh, ****. I still hate it to search some hours to
> get a overview of all
> disscussed subjects inside Wikipeda with this stupid
> Discussion/Talk pages.
>
> Mails are coming full automaticly on my system at
> home, are sorted into
> IMAP Folders and the next new message is at
> keystroke distance (mostly
> ''delete'' or 'Next Message''. An I don't have to
> wait for a webserver to
> serve a page. I bet pressing a key to get the next
> message from your local
> mailfolder is 1000 times faster than any BBS System.

If this is *so* *quick* and *easy* to press the "next"
or "delete" key, perhaps would it be nice to show a
little more tolerance toward those who feel more
confortable dealing with some difficult topics in
their native language, rather than english language.

Everyone has a right to be part of the big picture in
Wikipedia. That might means sometimes switching to
another language for more convenience.