[Wikipedia-l] Do we really need a Sifter project?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 04:51:31 UTC 2003

We can use Erik's idea for adding neat features to the Brilliant prose page as
a start. Then that page can act as a queue for articles that Nupedia can
take-up and then put through a simplified Nupedia polishing process by area
experts. The Sifter software can be used to make this easy but it is not
really needed.

But a stable distribution vetted by area experts (at the very least by people
with baccalaureate degrees in the subject area) /is/ a very important thing
for us to have.

With such a system set-up we can start to work toward 1.0 status.

-- mav