[Wikipedia-l] Intro for readers of this list (Was: "Edit this section", TOC implemented)

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Tue Jul 1 21:44:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:51:15 -0700, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> gave
utterance to the following:

> brion vibber wrote:
>> We have allowed such links since nearly a year ago, but you had to make
>> an anchor yourself by putting in some HTML tag with an 'id="anchorname"'
>> attribute.
>
> Sounds cool. But why not just make another article?

Because we have (whether you like them or not) articles such as
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aviation%2C_aerospace_and_aeronautical_terms
which help reduce the number of stub articles and are much easier to follow
than the equivalent wiktionary article (just look at the disambiguation
article for [[pitch]].
In fact - links to disambign articles are a perfect use. You can make it
clear what sense of a word you are linking to.

--
Richard Grevers
I can't march any more the soldier said haltingly