[Wikipedia-l] Escaping completion

Andre Engels engels at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Jan 27 12:26:41 UTC 2003

At the moment, when one puts the first part of a word between [[square
brackets]], the word as a whole will become a link. Although I like that
as a general principle, I think it would be good to have an opportunity
to escape this, and give a possibility to have only the 'zoo' in
[[zoo]]keeper be linking. This would especially be useful in a language
like German, where complex terms are often formed by stringing words
together into a single word, rather than in a sequence of words as is
usual in English.

What are other people's thoughts here? Would it be a good idea? What syntax
would be preferred?

Andre Engels