[Wikipedia-l] Re: EFF Pioneer Award

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 12:43:14 UTC 2003

On Thursday 23 January 2003 04:00 am, wikipedia-l-request at wikipedia.org wrote:
> I just nominated Jimmy (as a representant for our little project) for
> the EFF Pioneer Award. Maybe others like to do the same.
> http://www.eff.org/awards/pioneer.html
>
> Jimmy Wales
> Phone: (+1)-727-527-9776
> Email: jwales at bomis.com
>
> Or pick Mav, Brion, KQ, Magnus, Cunc, Axel, ...
>
> I guess they can't give the price to the project as a whole. :-(
>
> Kurt

Please everybody nominate Jimbo instead of me. The way I see it, he is our
Linus Torvalds and should get the credit for the project in the same way as
Torvalds gets credit for the Linux kernel (*cough* sometimes getting credit
for the whole operating system).

Torvalds started the Linux kernel and makes sure things keep running more or
less smoothly and on target even though most of the actual coding work is
really done by hundreds of other people. Torvalds himself readily admits
this. I see many similarities with Jimbo/Wikipedia.

I'm just a highly motivated foot soldier, Jimbo is the General.

-- mav

WikiKarma
Added many events to [[January 23]] and greeted many new users