[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia vs Slashdot part III: Call out to the Volunteer Fire Department!

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Jan 22 07:37:25 UTC 2003

On mar, 2003-01-21 at 23:12, Daniel Mayer wrote:
> Just when you thought you would be able to concentrate on upgrading some other
> Wikis Brion. ;-)
>
> http://slashdot.org/articles/03/01/22/0258226.shtml?tid=149
>
> Let the firefighting begin.

Hey, that explains why our load average just shot up to 8 in the middle
of the night. :P

I'll go batten down some hatches.

Note: I have class Wednesday morning, and WILL NOT be able to touch the
'pedia until about 11am (that's 7pm UTC). If it breaks too badly before
then, please send e-mail directly to jwales and/or jasonr at bomis.com.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)