[Wikipedia-l] Re: www.wikipedia.org

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 13:16:48 UTC 2003

On Saturday 18 January 2003 04:00 am, elian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I restored the test pages for the wikipedia main page (they got deleted
> when I moved my stuff to a new server)
>
> It can be found now at http://djini.de/wikipedia-portal/
>
> The PHP-version is not running correctly (the language guessing
> functionality did not work when I tested), but I have no time to debug at
> the moment.
>
> If you send clear suggestions (like: take these colors, change the text
> here into the following), I will put up new pages with your modifications.

Please shorten the English text to read similar to the new English Main Page:

[[en:Wikipedia | Wikipedia]] is a [[en:multilingual coordination |
multilingual project to create a complete and accurate
[[en:Wikipedia:Copyrights | open content]] encyclopedia. We started on 15
January 2001 and are already working on XXXX articles spread across XX number
of languages. Visit the [[en:help | help page]] and experiment in the
[[en:Wikipedia:Sandbox | sandbox]] to learn how ''you can edit any article
right now''.

Less is more.

BTW, everyone should vote on what to do with www.wikipedia.org over at meta.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

WikiKarma Payment. Have you had your Wiki today?
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_18 (added most of the events)