[Wikipedia-l] GNU/FDL and other copyleft restrictions

wiki pedista wikipedista at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 15:12:02 UTC 2003

See
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Coopyrights

Section "Fair Use"

As I understand it, we don't guarantee that the images
and sounds are covered by GNU/FDL, only the text. (But
between a free and a non-free image or sound, the free
one must be prefered).

AstroNomer

P.S. I noticed also there the frase "Wikipedia also
uses text under the fair use doctrine. However, what
is fair for us to use may not be fair for your
intended use of the text. " That troubles me a bit.