[Wikipedia-l] Open-site.org

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Jan 9 13:41:24 UTC 2003

Magnus Manske wrote:

> I just found [[Open-Site]] listed on orphaned articles. I was about to
> delete it, because it looked too much like some newbie trying to
> describe (and rename) wikipedia. But, I made a Google-search, and
> found a free, categorized encyclopedia. It only contains a few
> articles, though.
>
> The layout is nice, and they seem to have it organized (more than
> wikipedia, that is ;-)
>
> IMHO they're technically too different to merge (categories etc).

They seem to have only a small amount of material -- see
http://open-site.org/Arts/Literature/Authors/full-index.html for
example. They've covered about 6 authors.

It would be an excellent idea to invite them aboard now, while they are
still young.
I suggest one of our diplomats (mav maybe) should write to them :-)

-- tarquin