[Wikipedia-l] Swedish policy (and Brion please read)

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Jan 6 00:19:34 UTC 2003

To clarify:

I'm going out of town Monday through Friday.  I'll probably have
minimal net access.  I won't have time to study this at length until
the following Monday when I get back.

Right now, no one is banned.  Everyone is instructed to stop fighting
and get back to work until I get back.  At that time, I'll study the
issue from every angle and see what I can do to help, up to and
including banning one or more people if I'm convinced that they can't
work in a spirit of love and goodwill.

If right now, someone is technically banned, based on anything that
I've said, please lift that ban for now.  And everyone please try to
be on best behavior, as a kindness to me and to each other for the
week to come.  :-)

And finally, I appoint, uh, Brion Vibber, because he hasn't asked and
probably doesn't want to do it, :-) to enforce the above by whatever
he sees fit in my absence, up to and including a temporary ban until I
get back, shutting down that site completely, etc.  Basically, if
anyone goes bonkers and starts vandalizing the site, then of course do
what's necessary, and Brion will be the final authority until I get
back.

Brion didn't know I was going to do this to him, so I'll duck and
run now so he doesn't hit me.

--Jmibo