[Wikipedia-l] The KnowledgeWeb

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Sat Jan 4 15:58:15 UTC 2003

I just stumbled across [[The KnowledgeWeb]] on Recent Changes, and had a
look at their demo, especially their demo search results
(http://www.k-web.org/demo/search_results.html). It resembles "What
links here", but goes beyond it.

I think it would be quite possible to have such a "view" linked from
every wikipedia article. As brief contents, we could use the first
(real) sentence of an article (that is, no table containing images, no
language links, etc.). We could also display the first image of the
article, if there is one. We don't have a "node type", though. (I tried
to introduce flexible categories to wikipedia in the past, but would you
listen to me? ;-)

Would there be, basically, interest in such a "smart browse" (or
whatever) function?

Magnus