[Wikipedia-l] Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Dec 27 01:44:09 UTC 2003

Chuck Smith wrote:

>>Therefore, we're doomed until tomorrow morning.
>>Jason has a family
>>obligation tomorrow at 10AM, so he _could_ go down
>>tomorrow afternoon,
>>but only if we can't get someone at the colo to do
>>the reboot.
>>
>If it's any consolation, I imagine you helped a lot of
>families stay together for Christmas.

For me it didn't help that my monitor also decided to cease breathing.
 But the thought did cross my mind that the server might have been
better named Murphy.

>"What?  I thought you said you were gonna work on
>Wikipedia today?"
>
>"Nah, I changed my mind [the server is down]."

Not everyone would have mentioned the server being down.  Many
wikiholics would prefer to be judged as having had a sudden surge of
magnanimity.

>"Awww... too bad.  Now you can spend time with your
>family!"

No doubt voiced with a tone of sarcasm.