[Wikipedia-l] Shirt / Wikipedia-Logo

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 17:43:53 UTC 2003

Kurt Jansson wrote:
>Erik opened an account at cafepress.com a while ago:
>http://www.cafeshops.com/wikipedia

That's really cool! I didn't know this existed.

>Maybe he can update it to the new logo without much work.

Yes, definitely.

>Would it be okay for the foundation to get some money
>through cafepress?

I don't see why not. We would just have to charge more for each item so that
the leftover money can go to the foundation.

>If the answer is yes this would also be true for the Amazon
>partnership program, right

Uh oh - the 'A word'. There are a whole bunch of free software and/or
anti-corporate zealots around here who hate Amazon and will always hate
Amazon because they are a big bad corporation who uses software and business
practice patents. Sadly that means we cannot partner with them unless we want
to alienate many in the Wikimedia community and even risk mass defections and
forks.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)