[Wikipedia-l] Re: Press release : Logo putsch on the FrenchWikipedia !

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 18:36:55 UTC 2003

Ruimu a écrit:
> "Constans, Camille (C.C.)" :
>
>>Each wikipédia has his own rules. Often the same than en:, but
>>not everytime. I think each wikipedia must have his own rules. Respecting
>>some choosed by the wikimedia fundation, npov for instance.
>

> Each wp have its own customs, but should share the same rules, I guess.
>
> In theory, each wp entry should be the perfect translation of the same entry
> in any language, don't you think ? (IMO encyclopedic goal is to try to reach
> universalism.)
>
> Then, basic rules should be the same, and the Chinese NPOV is to be the same
> as French one or Rwandese one.
>
> (I new in wp so feel free to correct my likely mistakes)

Hello Ruimu,

I do not think in theory each wp entry should be a translation of the
other languages. It is too ideal :-)
I think each should have its specificity, its special taste. Then we can
inspire from the other versions to set each local version.

you are true that chinese npov should be the same than french or
rwandese one of course. But that might be expressed differently.

ant