[Wikipedia-l] beta/stable ideas

Jan.Hidders hidders at uia.ua.ac.be
Thu May 23 09:36:41 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 01:17:39AM +0200, Axel Boldt wrote:
> Honestly, I am not sure that anything in the direction of
> review/stable release etc. should be done, at least as long as the
> average article quality continues to rise, which I think it does.

I completely agree with Alex here. The openness and accesability of Wikpedia
are both the causes of its success and its vulnerability. If reviewing
didn't work for Nupedia, why do you think it will work now? How do you
expect to be able to review 30.000+ articles?

What bothers me is that this again a small extension that makes the
interface and the software a little more complex. I will repeat ad nauseam
that everything about Wikipedia should be kept as simple as possible.
Wikpedia has already strayed far too far from the path of WikiWiki.

-- Jan Hidders