[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Intlwiki-l] Naming and branding for non-English Wikipedias

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Sat May 18 22:06:24 UTC 2002

> > feel free to send me domain names that should be bought.  I think
it's
> important
> > to get them before spammers do.
>
> That's right. www.wikipedia.de would be nice to have.

Well, the last time I checked it was still free, but now denic.de gives
these infos:

Domaindaten
Domainname:  wikipedia.de
Domaininhaber:  thomas promny
buckower weg 13c
14715 steckelsdorf
Letzte Aktualisierung:  Donnerstag, 25. April 2002

Administrativer Ansprechpartner, technischer Ansprechpartner,
Zonenverwalter
Name:  Harrold Ursachi
Kontakttyp:  Person
Adresse:  Hesperus
Ostengasse 4
Stadt:  Regensburg
PLZ:  93047
Land:  GERMANY
E-Mail:  harrold_ursachi at hotmail.com

Shall I write him a nice mail and ask him to
a) redirect to de.wikipedia.com
b) transfer the domain to Jimmy?

What legal position do we have if he doesn't want to? Maybe he's a nice
guy, but I made a google search for Thomas Promny and it seems that he
owns a number of domains that he tries to sell:
http://www.buythisdomain.de/domains.htm (but wikipedia.de is not
mentioned there)

Kurt