[Wikipedia-l] Deleting the false redirects - how?

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sat May 18 06:12:46 UTC 2002

There are a whole bunch of pages that were created as protected pages
when they were meant to be redirects. You can fix the redirect at this
point by deleting the surplus text, but that leaves the protected page
sitting there  by itself... these pages apparantly cannot be linked to
or accessed once the false redirect is gone - I tried adding them to the
'to be deleted' list and the link doesn't transfer. So what's to be done
about them? Should I stop correcting the redirects? Or doesn't the empty
page matter once it's out of the linking system?

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/