[Wikipedia-l] Bugs? or Features?

Brion L. VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Thu May 9 16:41:41 UTC 2002

On ĵaŭ, 2002-05-09 at 03:53, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I had my settings set to show up unmade links in red which made it easy
> to notice them and to see what needs making, and now they're back to
> blue with a question mark even though I have 'red links' selected in my
> options. Has that bit of scripting been disabled/removed or is something
> weird going on?
>
> The 'talk' option seems to show up as a blue link on all pages now
> whether ther's anything on the page or not.

Magnus recently rearranged the style/skin code, and it looks like some
of the bits that control link color got accidentally broken in the
process. Hopefully should be fixed soon.

> Also, what does the new menu option in the sidebar mean? 'Vote for this
> page'. Vote for this page for what?

I wish I knew, too. :) Magnus?

> Finally, a new option has been added to the edit window 'automatically
> wikify' but when I tried it to see what it did it didn't seem to do
> anything... is it enabled? And what is it MEANT to do in an ideal world?

I believe it's supposed to tidy up some of the mark-up. But exactly what
it's intended to touch, and whether it's safe to use at this point, I'm
not quite sure about.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)