[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] two suggestions

Ian rsvr4cqdon001 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 8 23:17:17 UTC 2002

There needs to a series of mirrors to show static pages, and wikipedia.com
only used for Recent Changes and editing. Their would still be a lot of
load on wikipedia.com but not as much, and if you just have to look
something up it would be easier. The mirrors could update about once or
twice a day.

School ends on the 24th, hopefully I'll be able to implement it this
summer. It would just need something to automatically produce static pages
which the mirrors would somehow be informed of what to download or it
could all be bziped up, whatever. I'll try to make it in as seperate files
as possible so it doesn't have to actually be implemented until its ready
and wanted.

Ian Monroe
http://ian.webhop.org