[Wikipedia-l] OK, it's official...

Julie Hofmann Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 15:15:48 UTC 2002

I am not a fan of the new software for one simple reason.  If there's a
way of seeing the edits other people have made, I can't find it.  This
means that it's incredible hard to track vandalism, for one thing.  For
another, it makes it infuriating and pointless to have watched pages.
Why watch a page (especially if you know the page is being used to push
an agenda and you are trying to make sure it remains NPOV), if you have
to read through a couple of versions of a longish article to try and
find the changes.  Couple this with the fact that the watched list seems
to only show the most recent change (or maybe that was just a bug), and
I'm screwed.  Real-world example:  Helga (the bane of the historian) is
tweaking Prussia again from various angles to make sure we understand
it's innate German-ness.  I go to see what those changes are, and if
they are valid, or if she's tried to de-polanize  something -- no diff.
My watch list says this is the only change since I last checked, but the
article history says Helga has made a couple of changes, and so has
Eclecticology, a reasonable contributor.  This is not useful.

Oh -- I also miss the link from the talk: page back to the related
article.

Otherwise, it seems very nice ;-)

Jules