[Wikinews-l] rules for new wikinews sites

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:30:29 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales

> I am not sure that 2-3 people is enough.

Actually, this could be enough, if the site would launch as a beta. In
my opinion, a beta version of Wikinews doesn't need so much
Wikip(m)edians - just look at pl.Wikinews. We're slowing down, but we
had the most number of people who wanted to work on this project (from
the three Wikinews sites launched lately). This could be due to number
of reasons, but anyway - if we want to have Wikinews in a beta stage,
2-3 people is enough. If we want to start with a full-fledged news
service, we need way more people - 10 may be enough.

As for the local poll, it wouldn't be good, in my opinion. Many people
would want this project to be made, but only a few of them would
contribute.

--
Darek [Datrio] Siedlecki