[Wikinews-l] RSS blog hack and logo problem

TOR tor at oak.rpg.pl
Sun Jun 19 00:09:28 UTC 2005

As you may or may not be aware of the English Edition of Wikinews used a
simple little hack to get RSS feed support for it's news releases.
Namely - they use a blogspot account and add posts containing links to
wikinews articles, which then appear on the RSS feed, just as normal
blog posts do. See http://wikinewslatestnews.blogspot.com/

I decided to use the same workaround to get RSS support on the Polish
Edition. But, seeing how the Wikinews feed looks like when compared to
BBC World's (BBC feeds copy their regular page design, ours lack any
design whatsoever) I though I should take a bit of a more professional
approach. So I copied our monobook design and, after a few tweaks, got
this: http://wikinews.blog.pl/

The major issue here is the logo. It implies that this site *is*
Wikinews, which it is not, obviously. Angela proposed that we modify the
logo a bit, so that it reads something like "content from Wikinews" or
some such.

There are two reasons I'm bothering you with this:
1) To mobilize you to improve the design of the blogspot page ;)
2) To get some feedback on the possible wording of the modified logo
(obviously, the one given above is rather clumsy) and, if anybody's
willing to give it a try, see some graphic realisations of it

--
Best regards,
TOR <tor at oak.rpg.pl>