[Wikinews-l] WN status

Tomasz Sienicki tsca at edb.dk
Fri Jun 3 12:10:06 UTC 2005

 Any comments on the following exchange from #wikinews?

 tsca>     hi
 tsca>     Are they any plans as to when WN switches from PD to CC?
 Pechorin> tsca, as soon as we lose the beta status
 tsca>     which is when...?
 Pechorin> there is no set date
 tsca>     or is this something noone knows?
 Pechorin> nobody knows for sure
 Pechorin> but, "soon, but not next week" :)
 tsca>     see: it is nice to see WN stories used by other services.
           However, it would be even nicer to see them attributed to WN.
 Pechorin> I agree
 tsca>     we have this section 'sources'. When an article is copied to
           another service, the section remains and looks like the article
           was produced from those sources by this service. Especially when
           they put their (c) on the page
 tsca>     perhaps the beta status lingers simply because noone's made a
           move on the mailing list and proposed finally changing it yet?
 Pechorin> tsca, you can always try

--[[m:user:tsca]]