[Wikinews-l] Future of Wikinews chat

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jul 6 06:21:35 UTC 2005

Dear Wikinews community,
dear interested individuals,

I would like to invite you to participate in an open, unmoderated
discussion about the future of the project, specifically the English
edition. Members of other editions who want to learn about recent
changes to the English version, and who want to debate whether these
changes could be useful for their project, are also invited to join.
Please sign up for a time that is convenient for you at:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Future_Talk

The purpose of this IRC meeting is to discuss issues such as

* Should the DynamicPageList extension be used?
* Should the inputbox extension be used?
* How should decisions about issues like this be made in the future?
* How local can Wikinews stories be?
* How can we make Wikinews more accessible for newcomers?

Please feel free to add topics of discussion to the agenda.

Note that we should not be trying to make decisions at this meeting -
those should be openly documented on the wiki - but to reach a basic
consensus about how to proceed.

Best,

Erik