[Wikinews-l] Hello, all of you

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 07:58:08 UTC 2005

--- "jacques.divol" <jacques.divol at laposte.net> wrote:

> i'll try to check and untie the knots, its ....
> weird the way people
> had act on the matter wikipedia vs wikinews.
>

> Many french feel very upsets of being forced to
> accept wikinews from
> 'foreigners', with rules and ways of making the
> stuff not very
> familliars to them.  (it's their feeling)
>
> Sad.
>
> but I understand very well their point of view on
> the mater.
>
> many thinks that wikinews is outside wikipedia "way
> of life" so reject
> the project (no editor freedom,...)
>
> They forget that If the creator of wikinews, the
> living WIKI God
> himself, said something about the way people may
> write articles, may
> use a workflow or templates and so on, it's just
> ideas, draft
> framework, draft blue print, ... it's not LAW, it's
> just a ... 'what do
> you think of that' .
>
> i think, am I wrong Erik ???
> don't think
>
> I think that polish, french, spanish, italian, ...
> wikinews DONT HAVE
> TO FOLLOW editorial way from ENGLISH or GERMAN
> editions.
>   -They could find they own ways,
>
> MORE I think that wikinews DONT HAVE TO FOLLOW
> editorial way from
> Professional NewsWriters, journalists.
>   -They could find they own ways.

I entirely agree with you Jacques.

However, when you claim that neutrality is not a
universal concept, is purely an american concept,
should not influence the way of writing in a french
speaking website. And that lastly, the current NPOV
might even be illegal in France... Sorry, but I find
this a bit worrying.

While there are rules which should absolutely be
local, other principles should not. I am currently a
bit perplex.

Ant