[Wikimediaau-l] Channel 10 Jericho Ads= Donations?

James O'Brien jpeob at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 02:29:06 UTC 2006

G'day All. I saw some Channel 10 ads for "Jericho" today directing people to the article "Jericho_(TV_Series)" on "wikipedia.org".Thus, I just sent a letter off to Ch10 saying:

   "A major part of
your advertisements for Jericho is to tell viewers to log onto www.en.wikipedia.org and to search for
“Jericho (TV Series)” (URL: http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jericho (TV_Series)
). As an editor of Wikipedia, I ask that you consider donating to the
non-profit Wikimedia Foundation which runs Wikipedia at http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

     Seeing
that your company has benefited from the use of Wikipedia in your advertising
it would be great if you could make some donation to the foundation so that we
can continue to “create and distribute a free encyclopedia of the highest
possible quality to every single person on the planet in their own
language." (Jimbo Wales, Founder of Wikipedia)"This is part of a larger trend for media org's to "embrace" Wikipedia (post-Stephen Colbert). Hopefully they donate and yet vandals stay away!Cheers,James (User:Jpeob)