[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimediaau-l Digest, Vol 3, Issue 1

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 05:24:57 UTC 2006

Hey Greg,

That's quite cool. Is it a MediaWiki wiki? (Don't worry, we'll still
talk to you if it's not ;))

I have a good idea for an event. We can have a "Welcome to Wikipedia"
learn-to-edit-wikis event. You just need to book out a room with
internet-attached computers or a net cafe or something. You could
encourage people to bring info (like... books) on topics they're
interested in, and figure out how to add it to Wikipedia. Or Wikibooks
-- Wikibooks is pretty mad (recipes, learning languages...everything
textbook-like). Or you could have games like who can find the weirdest
article that Wikipedia has or ask really obscure trivia and only let
them use Wikipedia to find the answers.

OK, maybe that's far too geeky. I'd be up for it though. ;) What do
you think? There's quite a strong group of Wikipeeps in Melbourne.

Anyway count me in for a freebie. :)

cheers,
Brianna ([[user:pfctdayelise]])
(I reckon you can figure out my email)