[WikiEN-l] Expert AfD close (Re: Citizendium)

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 08:52:28 UTC 2006

On 19/09/06, dmehkeri at swi.com <dmehkeri at swi.com> wrote:

> > Or instead, we could try to keep up with growth by implementing some more
> > advanced soft controls of our own.
>
> I know I've seen some people stating on their userpages something to the effect
> that if you can produce verification that you are an expert in a field, they
> will kill an AfD on an article in that field on your word that it is notable.
>
> I'm curious if anyone takes them up on this?
>
> Dan

Im curious as to whether that goes against the typical ethic portrayed
by [[Wikipedia:Notability]] where things seem to be never notable
unless people _outside_ of a field say they are, which would trump
everyone interested in a topic, __especially__ experts.

Just to put it in perspective, you have experts on a number of topics,
sciences, history, and then there are experts on Star Trek... Why do
people distinguish between them? I dunno...

Peter Ansell