[WikiEN-l] Contest and quality

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 22:52:03 UTC 2006

> Oh, definitely. But basically, if I'm going to put in a FAC's worth of
> work, I want to know what's in it for the article, or for me
> bothering.

Well, doing anything special for the article -- aside from the shiny
star -- would probably involve a great deal of talking and wouldn't go
anywhere.

As for you bothering, though, the options are a little more flexible.
We probably can't (easily) offer any tangible rewards, but what might
be a more practical possibility would be better recognition for those
who do the work.

For example, what if we prominently displayed the top, say, 100
entries from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:LWFAN on the Community
Portal (or on the Main Page, for the truly self-aggrandizing).  It
wouldn't be much, granted; but it would still be more than what we
have now (and would, nicely enough, be slanted towards those who made
FA writing a regular pastime).

--
Kirill Lokshin