[WikiEN-l] Fleshlight

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Mon Oct 9 21:40:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:13:07 -0400, Phil Sandifer
<Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:

>Danny, the Office does not and should not be determining inclusion
>criteria on its own and imposing them without the consent of the
>community. Fleshlight survived AfD three times.  For the Office to
>declare "Sorry, community - you're wrong" is a new approach for the
>Office, and one I think is a very, very bad one.

Think of it as an advanced example of assuming good faith.  The
company cannot bear for the "advertising value" of "their" article to
be diluted.  The only way we can accommodate that is to delete it.
Danny was very kind to do this, and the project is not measurably
poorer as a result, it being trivially easy to find the product on the
internets should one be so inclined.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk