[WikiEN-l] Quitting Wikipedia and wanted you to know why.

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 6 08:59:18 UTC 2006

Draicone wrote

> Wikipedia is, as you say, broken.

Actually WP is more popular than ever. The Alexa ranking has been spiking (up to #12) in the world, and the evidence is that the penetration rate with Internet users is going past 5% and up to 6% (no, I don't believe everything I read there, but trends are trends).

Does such humongous popularity put strain on the volunteers? Damn right. Is the system broken? No way. Things go on that should not, in an anywhere-near-perfect world. But that's nothing new here.

Charles