[WikiEN-l] Policy on adding (many, relevant) links to articles?

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Sat May 27 04:25:14 UTC 2006

I've been working on an outdoors website that has a focus on parks.
The idea is I can add photos, reviews, scores, and other information
to a given park. The site is Wiki-like, in that people can correct
and add information that is listed (like admission fee info and lat/
long). I think that I have many pages that would be of interest to a
person browsing related Wikipedia articles.

So, I would like to edit a number of articles to add links to my
pages. For example, I would link to my Yellowstone National Park
(http://www.unearthedoutdoors.net/parks/140 ) from Wikipedia (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_National_Park ). Would this be
acceptable? Could I do the same for many other pages?

Like (for another example):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_National_Wildlife_Refuge
http://www.unearthedoutdoors.net/parks/1594

Making these links makes sense, as far as I can tell, but I thought
I'd ask about them first, because I'd be making a few hundred of them
(at least) and I don't want to step on any toes.
Thanks,
Seth