[WikiEN-l] Proposal: limited extension of semi-protection policy

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:27:57 UTC 2006

> Jimbo wrote:
>
> >Be glad, if my proposal worries you, that I am not proposing that we
> >automatically semi-protect all living bios. :)
>

> Can I propose it then?
>
> 1. Category:Living people can be added to an article by anyone; the
> software prevents anyone not an admin from removing it.
> 2. Being in that cat makes an article semi-protected.

IMHO, this is something that would be very well combined with (my conception
of) stable versions, allowing anons to contribute material that is not
"published", and allowing established editors to publish material that does
not appear to be libellous.

Or at least establishing some effective channel whereby anons can still
contribute to such articles.

Do we perhaps also need to create the subcategory [[Category:Living persons
liable to sue]]?

Steve