[WikiEN-l] Factions vs. Division (was Re: Divisive and InflammatoryBehavior, was CSD T1)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue May 16 18:50:13 UTC 2006

On 5/16/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> Republican => interested in politics
> anti-Scientologist => interested in Scientology
> deletionist=> interested in AfD
> nymphomaniac => interested in contraception

Smells like euphemisms. And it pretty much amounts to the same thing.
When you see "Interested in Judaism" or heavy contributions to
articles on interpretations of the Qoran or something, you can form
your own conclusions. But I would certainly say that there is a
difference between religion and political ideology. I can't put my
finger on it just at the moment, but being Muslim seems somehow more
permanent and less inflammatory than stating loudly "I VOTE
REPUBLICAN".

Steve