[WikiEN-l] meshing (was: Re: AfD on unencyclopedic content)

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Fri May 5 14:58:41 UTC 2006

On 5/5/06, Phil Boswell <phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still having difficulty figuring out where exactly Wikibooks is
> supposed to mesh with Wikipedia in the grand Wikimedia scheme...to read some
> of the discussions there, it would seem that they don't think any kind of
> "meshing" suitable at all, which seems ridiculous to me...

And similarly, Wikitravel. There is such a lot of duplication of
effort on city articles. IMHO, a wikitravel article on a city should
basically be a great big {{wikipedia:en:Paris}} followed by "the best
bars are..." and "don't forget to buy a metro ticket". There's plenty
of information in Wikitravel that ought to be present in Wikipedia as
well, and a vast amount of the opposite situation.

Steve