[WikiEN-l] 3RR policy proposal: No "Gotcha" rule

jf_wikipedia at mac.com jf_wikipedia at mac.com
Fri Jun 30 04:34:22 UTC 2006

On Jun 25, 2006, at 10:33 AM, Steve Bennett wrote:

> Is "gotcha" a big problem? Let's see:
> * You can only do it once, ever, to a single editor
> * You can only do it when the person has reverted 3 times in a single
> day, something we wish to discourage
> * The punishment is only banning for 24 hours.
>
> Sure, it could happen. But it's probably not worth worrying about.
>
> Steve

Exactly.

This rule has served us admirably so far and one that is really
simple to grasp: Don't want to be blocked, don't revert more than
three times in 24 hrs; and if you do, you will enjoy a forced
wikibreak, with a chance for you to assess if it is worth doing it
again. Sweet and simple. I do not see the need to change it...

-- Jossi