[WikiEN-l] Redlinks or redirects?

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 29 11:59:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:10:44 +0200, "Steve Bennett"
<stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

>  When discovering a redlink, which is better: to leave it as a
>redlink, or redirect it to the "closest" topic? Eg, a redlink to the
>name of a book - best to leave it that way, or create it as a redirect
>to the book's author? Or, create a substub "X is a book by
>[[Author]]"?

For what value of better?  I think it's personal preference.  I'm one
for describing books on the author's article until it becomes too big,
in the first instance, but others prefer lots of tiny stubs.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG