[WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

Jon Awbrey jawbrey at att.net
Thu Jun 29 02:26:31 UTC 2006

o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o

In a way you are correct, since the things that I have identified so far
are only the more superficial symptoms of a condition that I don't think
is likely to improve a bit under this regime of defensiveness and denial.
Either that, or I'm talking to people who have just been extremely lucky
in their own experiences on WikiPedia so far.  Or maybe the first attack
of the WikiPiranhas and WikiPuppets is just the standard initiation rite
of WikiPassage around here, and you're not really interested in the sort
of potential contributors who just want off the island after their first
encounter with the local Lords of the Flies.  It is always possible that
some folks just prefer that kind of culture, but it's a culture of waste,
and a dynamics like that always eventually catches up, and overtakes you.

Jon Awbrey

Steve Bennett wrote:

> On 6/27/06, Jon Awbrey <jawbrey at att.net> wrote:
> > okay, i get it, everything is just hunky dory in wikiparadise.
> > do not let the fact that wikipedia wastes expertise the way a
> > bradley fighting vehicle wastes gas trouble you one teeny bit.
>
> Don't get me wrong, there are things wrong with Wikipedia, but you
> don't seem to be particularly effective at identifying them.
>
> Steve

inquiry e-lab: http://stderr.org/pipermail/inquiry/
wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:Jon_Awbrey