[WikiEN-l] Unblock-en-l

Dabljuh dabljuh at gmx.net
Wed Jun 28 19:27:50 UTC 2006

> > Well, you're allowed to edit your talk page (at least, at first). Is
> > the AN/I page a grey area?
>
> Nope.  If you're blocked, you're not allowed to edit it.  You can
> always e-mail one of the 1000 admins (or, indeed, one of the 100,000
> or more Wikipedia editors) and ask him or her to put something up
> there.
>
> Jay.

Oh Jay, you are the libram of Wikipedia's rules.

I observed this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Circumcision#Sexual_effects

So, we have a "reliable source", stating there would be no evidence regarding X.
That statement is provably wrong since we find plenty of evidence for (and
against) X just searching the journals. They simply didn't do their homework.

But now, you conclude that we cannot in any way point out that the statement
is provably wrong? Not even remove it altoghether to avoid confusion?
You insist on keeping the provably wrong statement there, knowing,
that it is indeed provably wrong?

You insist to have something, that is
verifiably, and provably, wrong, in Wikipedia,
and you object to someone changing it?

Because its not against the rules to write something wrong in an article,
even when knowing that it is verifiably and provably wrong, as long as you
can find a source that says it?

I guess when someone "knows the rules" as good as you do, you can pull off stuff like that.