[WikiEN-l] New York Times article

mboverload mboverload at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 01:24:01 UTC 2006

On 6/22/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, the more I consider the facts, the less convinced I am. The
> problem is in the interpretation of "anyone can edit". Does it mean
> "anyone who wants to edit, can", or does it mean "anyone at all can
> edit". Normally this wouldn't matter, but it's critical if we're
> attempting to measure "anyone-can-edit-ness" (ACEN).

Anyone can drive on the public roads.  Of course you need a licence and need
to know the rules of the road.  It's just common sense, we don't need to
fine-tune it.

The problem is that semi-protection lasts longer
> than full protection, as a rule, so that in general this comparison is
> far from true.

What, they can't wait 4 days to edit an article that's a huge source of
vandalism - yet they can still edit the other 99.999% of articles? Boohoo.

mboverload