[WikiEN-l] Category:<Subjective-pejorative>, weak consensus, and ! NPOV

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 13:45:38 UTC 2006

On 23/06/06, Mark Gallagher <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
> > I dont know what else to say. Either we have a culture
> > which respects NPOV or we do not.
>
> You think the category is incompatible with NPOV.  I think you're right.

That's wrong. Or atleast please refer me to the part of NPOV that it
would violate.

I don't think that that category would be a very good idea at all (it
doubtless violates other policy).

IMO having carefully read the NPOV, it doesn't violate NPOV. If you
think it does, point me to the place which it violates.

There's a lot of myths about NPOV. Practically nobody gets NPOV right.
This annoys me a lot.

--
-Ian Woollard

"Victory can be perceived but not created."