[WikiEN-l] How to edit Wikipedia if you're a campaign manager

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Jun 25 08:27:36 UTC 2006

On 15:42 Phoebe Ayers wrote:
<many snips/>
<quoting Michael Cornfield's article/>
> They have established a Counter Vandalism Unit.

Grr!

Apart from this one sentence, and a few moments where it's evident he's
not familiar with our far-too-complex terminology, this seems (from your
excerpt) a pretty reasonable article.

It's not about How To Whitewash Your Client's Entry, but rather How To
Ensure Wikipedia Is Fair To Your Client --- a noble goal, one we strive
for ourselves (although, unlike Mr Cornfield's target audience, we
aren't being paid for it).  If a bunch of campaign managers and press
agents and other such people want to provide well-sourced information
and try to keep Wikipedia neutral, then good luck to them ... if they
can resist the temptation to go too far in support of their clients.

Cheers,

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"