[WikiEN-l] And you thought Pokémon was trivial...

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 16:51:25 UTC 2006

On 24/06/06, Justin Cormack <justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2006, at 04:01, maru dubshinki wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, but our growth in articles is also slowing down from the
> > exponential growth rates we'd previously enjoyed (or so my tea-leaf
> > reading of the statistics would indicate).
>
> Figures for this?
>
> It might just be a side effect of the restrictions on new article
> creation of course.
>
> But it would be interesting if we were approaching the point where in
> some areas we have at least a stub for "everything".

We have a stub or more for:

a) every contemporary head of state or head of government
b) every sitting UK, US, Australian or Canadian parliamentarian and
their constituencies
c) every past US senator
d) every member of the European Parliament (which surprises me)

We're slowly reaching at least basic completeness in some fields; a
lot of the missing-articles lists are beginning to top out. There's
still a long way to go, though.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk